Friday, July 10, 2009

Day 5!

Today I began by watering the potted plants around campus. I weeded a section between the beds because later in the day I started to cover the area with more mulch to try to prevent any grass (or other weeds) from growing. I had a few visitors today as Ms. Bovard stopped by to talk and the Powers family stopped by to pick their snow peas. It's nice to get a few visitors to stop by the garden. Next week i plan to weed all of the area between beds and cover it with a fresh layer of mulch!

I'll post again on Monday!

3 comments:

  1. Great updates- I feel like I am back in the garden!!

    Looking forward to some yummy soups and entrees in the dining room this fall. Can you get some pics of the Class of 2011's carrots in the Environmental Science plots?

    Keep up the hard work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I like your photos our our growing garden!
    The rampant winter squash is a little out of control; I think we should find some more supports for it. Great work, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for all of your hard work Mary. Those squash may grow to the Carriage Barn with all of the rain we have had. Have you found a way to keep them from strangling the onions? You can actually turn the tips of the vines in the direction you want them to grow. all of the other solutions I know decrease the production and we want as many as we can get. MS VK

    ReplyDelete